This blog includes news about City Hall, city schools and other 22401 news.Pamela Gould reports on City Hall. You can reach her at 540-735-1972 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Robyn Sidersky reports on city schools. You can reach her at 540-374-5413 or email@example.com.
Visit our Facebook page.Follow @fxbgcitybeat
The cost of alternatives for the courts project
Last night the City Council looked at alternative options for the new courthouse and decided to keep it at three stories tall.
Here are more details on the alternatives that the council discussed:
- Perform minor renovations and new mechanical and electrical systems to the existing General District Court in lieu of major renovation.
- Leave one courtroom and one judge’s office for the General District Court at the second floor unfinished. Leave space as “warm lit shell” space with functional life safety systems.
- Alternative footprint and exterior elevation with minor reductions in building square footage.
- Eliminate the General District courts from the building program. Eliminates an entire floor from the new building.
- Breakout costs associated with the Circuit Court clerks storage spaces.
- Value alternative summary