Fredericksburg City BeatNovember 23rd, 2011, 9:43 am
This blog includes news about City Hall, city schools and other 22401 news.Pamela Gould reports on City Hall. You can reach her at 540-735-1972 or email@example.com. Robyn Sidersky reports on city schools. You can reach her at 540-374-5413 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit our Facebook page.Follow @fxbgcitybeat
Round up from Tuesday’s City Council meeting
Here are a few things the City Council accomplished last night:
- Approved the $38.7 million bond issue (Ellis, Howe, Paolucci voting against)
- Approved moving the registrar’s office and voter precinct to the fifth floor of the Executive Plaza (Ellis and Howe voting against)
- Approved option 2B for redistricting (all voted in favor)
- Approved the legislative agenda to send to the 2012 general assembly
- Discussed the proposed public nuisance ordinance, possible solutions
- Approved incentives for the new restaurant from the owners of Bistro Bethem
I’m off the rest of the week, so have a Happy Thanksgiving!