This blog includes news about City Hall, city schools and other 22401 news.Pamela Gould reports on City Hall. You can reach her at 540-735-1972 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Robyn Sidersky reports on city schools. You can reach her at 540-374-5413 or email@example.com.
Visit our Facebook page.Follow @fxbgcitybeat
Meeting preview for City Council
At Tuesday’s City Council meeting, there are several notable things on the agenda.
- The $38.7 million bond issue to pay for new courthouse facilities will be on second reading. If you have any comments about the project, now would be the time to speak up.
- The City Council will vote on moving the registrar’s office and central absentee voter election precinct from the first floor of executive plaza to the fifth floor.
- The City Council will vote, on second reading, to select option 2B for redistricting. Here’s what the changes will be.
- The City Council will vote to authorize the city manager to submit applications for 2013 with VDOT for revenue sharing grants funding.
- The City Council will consider incentives for a new restaurant on William Street, from the owners of Bistro Bethem. Read more about that here.
- The City Council will look at a legislative agenda to send to the 2012 General Assembly.