This blog includes news about City Hall, city schools and other 22401 news.Pamela Gould reports on City Hall. You can reach her at 540-735-1972 or email@example.com. Robyn Sidersky reports on city schools. You can reach her at 540-374-5413 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit our Facebook page.Follow @fxbgcitybeat
Morning Buzz – Feb. 8, 2010
A daily digest of what’s going on in Fredericksburg, and what news from elsewhere is relevant here. Send suggestions to email@example.com.
Closings and cancellations in Fredericksburg today:
- City offices are closed.
- FRED bus service is not operating.
- The city Visitors Center is closed.
- City schools are closed.
- The Economic Development Authority meeting scheduled for noon today has been cancelled.
- The General District Court will open at 11 a.m., and the clerk’s office will open at 10:30 a.m.
- The "Via Colori" meeting that was supposed to happen at the area museum tonight will be rescheduled. (Via Colori is a street-painting festival that is being planned for September by the Arts Commission.)
Read Kelly Hannon’s report on the progress being made to clear area roads here.
In non-snow news, Bill Freehling reports on his blog that the new tenant that will be moving into the old University Cafe space is Las Palmas, a Caribbean restaurant that had been operating out of a space on Caroline Street.