Free Lance-Star reporter Amy Umble covers Stafford County schools and other education issues
Eight Stafford Middle Schools Receive Perfects SOLs
Eight Stafford County middle schools received a 100 percent pass rate on math SOLs for the 2011-2012 school year.
As previously reported on reporter Pam Gould’s blog, SOL results released by Virginia earlier this week did not include two of the middle schools because fewer than 10 students at those schools took the test, said Stafford County school spokeswoman Valerie Cottongim.
Edward E. Drew and A.G. Wright middle were the two previously unreported schools and saw a 100 percent pass rate for geometry. Those schools up the list for perfect pass rates in the Fredericksburg region from 18 to 20.
Here is the complete rundown of Stafford middle schools with perfect pass rates:
- Dixon-Smith Middle, Stafford County, Geometry.
- H.H. Poole Middle, Stafford, Geometry.
- Rodney E. Thompson Middle, Stafford, Algebra I and Geometry.
- Shirley C. Heim Middle, Stafford, Algebra I.
- Stafford Middle, Stafford, Geometry.
- T. Benton Gayle Middle, Stafford, Geometry.
- Edward E. Drew Middle, Stafford, Geometry.
- A.G. Wright Middle, Stafford, Geometry.
Read more about this year’s math SOLs results for the area here.