Free Lance-Star reporter Robyn Sidersky covers Caroline County government and schools. You can reach her at 540/374-5413 or email@example.com. You can follow coverage on Facebook or Twitter as well.
Fourth of July festivities planned in Port Royal
The town of Port Royal will host the 15th annual Independence Day celebration from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on July 4th.
- a reading of the Declaration of Independence
- a performance from Saint Andrew’s Legion Pipes and Drums
- an 18th century dancing demonstrations by the Rappahannock Colonial Heritage Society
- a patriotic organ recital at St. Peter’s Episcopal Church
- a living history encampment with Civil War re-enactors
- a guest speaker from the National Park Service
- period musicians Evergreen Shade
- surrey rides
- demonstrations of early medical practices, blacksmithing, spinning, and weaving
- childrens games
- food and beverages
Admission is free and the event is sponsored by Historic Port Royal, Inc. and the Caroline County Board of Supervisors.