Fourth of July festivities planned in Port Royal
The town of Port Royal will host the 15th annual Independence Day celebration from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on July 4th.
- a reading of the Declaration of Independence
- a performance from Saint Andrew’s Legion Pipes and Drums
- an 18th century dancing demonstrations by the Rappahannock Colonial Heritage Society
- a patriotic organ recital at St. Peter’s Episcopal Church
- a living history encampment with Civil War re-enactors
- a guest speaker from the National Park Service
- period musicians Evergreen Shade
- surrey rides
- demonstrations of early medical practices, blacksmithing, spinning, and weaving
- childrens games
- food and beverages
Admission is free and the event is sponsored by Historic Port Royal, Inc. and the Caroline County Board of Supervisors.