Free Lance-Star reporter Robyn Sidersky covers Caroline County government and schools. You can reach her at 540/374-5413 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can follow coverage on Facebook or Twitter as well.
Caroline opens two water-fill locations
For those without power, Caroline County is opening two water-fill locations at the Community Services Center at 17202 Richmond Turnpike, just south of Bowling Green, and on Allen Street in Ladysmith, located behind the Caroline Diversified Learning Center.
Bring your own containers.
For more information, call 804/633-4390.
From Caroline Sheriff Tony Lippa:
I am providing the following information in an effort to keep everyone up-to-date on the effects of the recent storm activity that passed through Caroline County over the weekend. The following numbers are approximate:
· 85 Total Storm Related Calls (trees down, wires down, motor vehicle accidents, and fires)
· 1 minor injury (motor vehicle crash) – DID NOT require medical transport.
· At the peak of the storm on Friday night (June 28th) as many as 35 calls were waiting for available units in order to be dispatched.
· At least one extra Dispatcher was called in to handle E-911 calls.
· In addition to deputies already on duty, 5 additional Deputies were utilized to respond for calls for service.
· I understand there are approximately 128 REC customers still without power.