Free Lance-Star reporter Robyn Sidersky covers Caroline County government and schools. You can reach her at 540/374-5413 or email@example.com. You can follow coverage on Facebook or Twitter as well.
Boil water notice lifted
CAROLINE COUNTY PRESS RELEASE
Joey Schiebel, Interim Director of Public Utilities
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: June 1, 2011 at 3:16 p.m.
BOIL WATER NOTICE LIFTED
MANDATORY LEVEL 6 WATER RESTRICTIONS REMAIN IN PLACE
Carmel Church/Ladysmith Area- The boil water notice for customers of the Caroline County Public Utilities water system in the Carmel Church/Ladysmith area has been removed following confirmation of test results from the Virginia Department of Health. Customers may now resume use of the water for drinking and cooking immediately. The boil notice was implemented as a precautionary measure due to low pressure in the system. The negative test results have confirmed that no health risk to customers ever existed.
Affected residential subdivisions include Lake Caroline, Ladysmith Village, Pendleton and Belmont.
Level 6 emergency water restrictions remain in place until further notice.
Residents and businesses supplied by the County water system are prohibited from outdoor uses like watering or sprinkling lawns and gardens and other uses that are not essential to health, safety or the operation of a business.
Level 6 water restrictions include the following:
- Watering of lawns & gardens prohibited
- Washing vehicles prohibited; cleaning only to be carried out on windows, mirrors, lights and spot removing corrosive substances using a bucket.
- Cleaning paved areas prohibited unless required for health and safety reasons
- New and existing pools and spas cannot be filled
- Restaurants prohibited from serving water to customers unless requested
- Commercial car / truck washes prohibited
The system is recovering and gaining pressure and capacity. As conditions continue to improve, the County will reexamine and adjust the restriction level accordingly.
We regret the inconvenience caused and appreciate the patience and cooperation of our customers.