Attention CHS graduates! Here’s a scholarship opportunity
- Caroline’s Promise Community Service Scholarship Guidelines
- Caroline’s Promise is offering a $500.00 Scholarship to a Caroline County graduating senior. The recipient will be a student who has made a difference in this community through their community service efforts and by fulfilling one or more of the Five Promises. Please call Sarah Davis at (804) 916-9619 with any questions concerning these guidelines or the scholarship application.
- In order to qualify, an applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Must live in Caroline County, Virginia
- Must be accepted into a college or institute of higher learning
- Must have fulfilled one or more of the Five Promises through community service that benefited the local community
- Must complete the application and submit essays addressing the two application questions
- Must submit at least one letter of recommendation from an individual who has knowledge of their community service efforts
- Caroline’s Promise must receive the application by May 23, 2011. Applications received after May 23, 2011 will not be considered.
Please mail the completed application, including essay answers and letters of recommendation to the following:
P.O. Box 1484
Bowling Green, Virginia 22427
Caroline’s Promise Community Service Scholarship Application
Applicant’s Name:________________________________________ Date: _____________
Phone Number: _____________________ Age: __________ Current GPA: ______________
Schools applied to: ____________________________________________________________________
Schools accepted to: ___________________________________________________________________
What teams, groups or clubs have you worked with in providing community service? _______________________________________________________________________________________________
Which of the Five Promises have you fulfilled?
- ___1. On-going relationships with caring adults
- ___2. Safe places with structured activities during non-school hours
- ___3. A healthy start and future
- ___4. Marketable skills through effective education
- ___5. Opportunities to give back through community service
Please answer the following questions in essay form. Each essay should not exceed two pages in length.
COMMUNITY SERVICE: How have you fulfilled one or more of the Promises listed above? Please include details on the community service that you have provided during your time as a high school student. (Attach essay response to this sheet)
PERSONAL ASPIRATIONS/CAREER GOALS. Please describe your personal aspirations and goals following high school graduation. Please describe within these pages the importance scholarship assistance would have for you in meeting these goals. Please note circumstances that make you particularly eligible for this scholarship. (Attach essay response to this sheet)
Please submit a letter of recommendation from an individual who has knowledge of your community service work. The letter of recommendation could come from a club sponsor, coach, pastor, teacher or another adult in the community.
CERTIFICATION: I certify that all of the information on this form is true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I understand that the information I have provided will be confidential, for review only by the Caroline’s Promise Board of Directors.
______________________________________________________ ___________________ Applicant’s Signature Date
Mail application, essays and letter of recommendation to Caroline’s Promise at P.O. Box 1484, Bowling Green, Virginia 22427. All applications must be received no later than May 23, 2011. Scholarship award will be mailed directly to the college or institute of higher learning.