Free Lance-Star reporter Robyn Sidersky covers Caroline County government and schools. You can reach her at 540/374-5413 or email@example.com. You can follow coverage on Facebook or Twitter as well.
05/25/10 BOS agenda
COMMUNITY SERVICES CENTER
6:00 P.M. CALL TO ORDER OF REGULAR MEETING
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
OPENING BOARD COMMENTS
- Continued Discussion of Establishment of McShin Foundation Program in Caroline County – Cover Memo
- Continued Discussion of Proposal for Reduced Operating Costs for Solid Waste Convenience Sites – Cover Memo
- Rappahannock Emergency Medical Services (REMS) council
- Board of Equalization
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Proposed Amendment of Chapter 21 of the Code of Caroline County (Animals)
- TXT-01-2010: An Ordinance to Amend the Zoning Ordinance of Caroline County by Amending Article 14, Sign Regulations, Section 6, Signs Permitted in Planned Unit Development (PUD) Districts by adding paragraph 3, Sign Regulations in the Planned Recreation and Entertainment District. The purpose of this text amendment is to add standards to the signage regulations for the Planned Recreation and Entertainment District (RE).
- TXT-02-2010: An Ordinance to Amend the Zoning Ordinance of Caroline County by Amending Article 14, Sign Regulations, Section 1, General Provisions, by adding paragraph 9 and 10. The purpose of this text amendment is to add additional standards to the general provisions of the sign ordinance.
- TXT-03-2010: An Ordinance to Amend the Zoning Ordinance of Caroline County by Amending Article 11, Planned Unit Developments, Division 6, Planned Recreation and Entertainment District (RE), by adding Section 5, Sign Regulations. The purpose of this text amendment is to add sign regulations in the Planned Recreation and Entertainment District (RE).
- RZ-08-2009 – VIRGINIA LAND INVESTMENTS, LLC, APPLICANT: Request a rezoning of approximately 1,059.3 acres, variously zoned, to PMUD, Planned Mixed Use Development (with a proposed density of 8.2 dwellings per acre [8,659units] and 3.16 million square feet of office, commercial, and industrial space). Proposed Use: A mixed use, transit oriented development that is proposed to include a train station and other multi-modal facilities, space for retail/commercial, offices, government agencies, hospitals, universities, hotels, recreational uses, light industry, many types of residential development, and parkland.
- Discussion of School Related Items
- Request to Revise Project Plan for Use of Balance of $6.8 Million Bond Issue for Previously Approved School Capital Projects
- Request from Schools for Reimbursement of Availability and Connection Fees for Connection of Bowling Green Elementary School to County Sewer Line
- Adoption of Fiscal Year 2010/2011 Budget
- COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR’S REPORT
- Section 3711-A 7 – Consultation with legal counsel and briefings by staff members or consultants pertaining to actual or probable litigation, where such consultation or briefing in open meeting would adversely affect the negotiating or litigating posture of the public body; and consultation with legal counsel employed or retained by a public body regarding specific legal matters requiring the provision of legal advice by such counsel.
7:30 P.M. PUBLIC COMMENTS
CLOSING BOARD COMMENTS