Free Lance-Star reporter Robyn Sidersky covers Caroline County government and schools. You can reach her at 540/374-5413 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can follow coverage on Facebook or Twitter as well.
Grapes of Taste events
From the Chamber of Commerce:
The Grapes of Taste update….LOTS going on!!
Friday 13th Beer Tasting ~ 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. Wayne will be tasting:
Blue & Gray American Pale Ale (Fredericksburg)
Legend Golden Ale (Richmond)
I C Light (longneck from Pittsburg)
Delirium Nocturnum (Belgium)
Samuel Smith Taddy Porter (England)
Sierra Nevada Porter (California)
Flying Dog Old Scratch Amber Lager (Colorado)
All beers will be 10% off this Friday.
Wine Tasting ~ Saturday, November 14 ~ 3:30 – 8:00 p.m. John Puckett from Rogers Ford Winery will be in the Shop tasting:
Jacob Christopher Chardonnay
Vidal Blanc Late Harvest
Thursday, November 19, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. ~ Wine Club ~ Ryan Adams from Country Vintner will be here and I’m thinking of trying something different. Rather than charge a fee for any foods, it will be covered dish and if you bring something to share, there will be no charge. For December’s Wine Club (December 17th) John Paul with Free Run Wines will be talking about Sparklings and Champagnes for the New Year.
Saturday, November 21, 2:00 – 8:00 p.m. ~ Holiday Open House with Michelle Ditzler ~ we’ve been working on the lineup of wines to compliment the Thanksgiving turkey. We will also have special foods (like Tavern Bits) and special sales all day long. We’ll be tasting:
- Hogue Riesling (Washington State)
- Simi Sauvignon Blanc (California)
- William Hill Chardonnay (California)
- Las Rocas Garnacha (Spain)
- MacMurray Ranch Pinot Noir (California) This is Fred MacMurray’s (the actor) winery
- Solaire Cabernet Sauvignon (California)
This will also be an opportunity to “Meet the Artist” Patricia Jackson who painted the Mural outside the shop. It has certainly been the “talk of the community”!
Up-coming Wine Tastings:
Saturday, November 28, 4:00 – 8:00 p.m. ~ Stephanie Gibrell with Republic National
Saturday, December 4, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. ~ Ladies’ Night with Jason Broyles from Associated Distributors
Saturday, December 5, 2:00 – 8:00 p.m. ~ Mike Woolard with Commonwealth Wines will be here with Christopher Mize, our local artist
Thursday, December 10, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. ~ Top Choice Wines with Brian Fairtile from Siema Wines. There is a $3.00 tasting fee but all wines will be $30 and above.
Saturday, December 12, 2:00 – 8:00 p.m. ~ Ryan Adams with Country Vintner will be here with Ellen Crosby, our local author who will be here 2 – 5 to autograph books
Just in time for the Thanksgiving Holidays, we will be receiving a fresh Supply of food items:
Tillamook Cheeses ~ X-Sharp White and Kosher
Boursin ~ with Herbs and with peppers
- Key Lime
- Red Pepper & Chippotle
- Mild Curry
Olives stuffed with
- Blue Cheese
Chocolates from El Rey ~ Icoa White Chocolate, Caoba Milk Chocolate, Bucare Dark Chocolate, Apamate Dark Chocolate
Home Décor Items locally made by Mountain Top Crafts:
All great gifts for the holidays and reasonably priced!
Community Events ~
- Rock-n-Roll Heroes ~ Enjoy the live performances of Roy Orbison, Buddy Holly and John Lennon impersonators at the Feedlot Restaurant ~ November 14, 8:00 – 10:00 p.m. $15 per person.
- Rotary Club of Caroline Senior Citizen Gala ~ Thursday, December 3, Caroline High School, 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. An evening of good food, fellowship, fun and gifts.
- Friends of Caroline Library, 22nd Annual Holiday Bazaar ~ Saturday, December 5, 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. in the Community Services Center, down the hall from the Bowling Green Branch Library. This is one of two annual fundraisers that the Friends do to raise money for the Library. Applications for tables are available in the Shop.
- “Wine for Words” ~ December 6, 3:00 – 7:00 p.m. – Americraft Pavilion at the Meadow Event Park. Come taste some Virginia wines, eat some delicious foods, listen to Ellen Crosby and bid in a Silent Auction. All to benefit the new Dawn Branch Library. Tickets available in the Shop.
- If you have an event you would like to promote, email me the information and I’ll do my best to post it.
Name the Wine ~ It’s a delightful Pinot Noir from France and the vineyard’s name sounds like two first names.
Kay and Wayne