Local election info
- Sept. 18 – First day of Absentee voting (In–Person Absentee voting is in the General Registrar’s office, located in the new Caroline County Administration Building. 212 N. Main St. across the street from Union Bank. To mail in an application go to the State Board website at www.sbe.virginia.gov and copy the application, sign it then mail to PO Box 304, Bowling Green, VA 22427. )
- Oct. 5 – Final day of Registration
- Oct. 5 – CLOSE OF BOOKS
- Oct. 24 – General Registrar’s Office open 9:00 am to 5:00 pm for In-person Absentee voting
- Oct. 27 – Last day to apply for an Absentee Ballot by mail.
- Oct. 31 – General Registrar’s Office open for FINAL DAY of In-person Absentee Voting. 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Nov. 3 – ELECTION DAY – Polls open from 6:00 am to 7:00 pm.
Robert F. “Bob” McDonnell – R
R. Creigh Deeds – D
William T. “Bill” Bolling – R
Jody M. Wagner – D
Ken T. Cuccinelli II – R
Stephen C. Shannon – D
MEMBER HOUSE OF DELEGATES
54TH District – Robert D. “Bobby” Orrock – R
97th District – Christopher K. Peace – R
99th District – Catherine T. Crabill – R
Albert C. Pollard, Jr. – D
MEMBER SCHOOL BOARD IN MADISON DISTRICT
(For unexpired term to end December 31, 2011)
Mack A. Wright, Jr.
If you have any questions please call 804-633-9083.
|101 – Bowling Green||BG Town Hall|
|201 – Madison||Ladysmith Elementary School|
|301 – Port Royal||Port Royal Fire Department|
|302 – Chilesburg||Rehoboth Methodist Church|
|303 – Woodford||Upper Fire Dept|
|401 – Reedy Church||Dawn Progressive Center|
|402 – Penola||Caroline High School|
|501-01 – Mattaponi 01||Caroline High School|
|501-07 – Mattaponi 07||Caroline High School|
|CAP – Central Absentee Precinct||212 N. Main St|
- Who can vote absentee? (Students away at college, those who work outside the county, are on vacation, those having disabilities/illness, primary care givers, US citizens residing outside the US, active duty military, and spouses or dependants, etc. Call our office for more information.)
- What’s the last day to vote absentee? October 28th is the last day to apply by mail. In person absentee voting is until November 1, including the two Saturdays preceding the election. The Registrar’s Office is open from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on October 25th and November 1, 2008.
- What time do the polls open? (6:00 am)
- Can I vote at any polling place in the county? (No, you must vote at the polling place for your precinct.)
- What time do the polls close? (7:00pm; Election Law 24.2-603 states “The Officers of Election shall list the names of all qualified voters in line before the polling place at 7:00 p.m. and permit those voters and no others to vote after 7:00 p.m.”)
- I live in the Madison District. Where do I vote? (Ladysmith Elementary School, same location as before.)