9/22/09 BOS recap
Percy Ashcraft, County Administrator firstname.lastname@example.org (804) 633-5380
The Board of Supervisors at its September 22 meeting approved the construction of a new telecommunication tower to be located in the Chilesburg Secondary Growth area.
By a unanimous vote, the Board authorized an application by AT&T to construct the tower along Route 603 on property owned by private citizens.
Mattaponi District Supervisor Floyd Thomas suggested a condition that the tower host two free connections to be used for public safety. That condition was agreed to by the applicant.
There was no date set as to when construction of the tower would begin.
Other meeting highlights include:
- Recognized Irene Gray as a Certified Deputy Commissioner of the Revenue. Delegate Albert Pollard was present to participate in the recognition.
- Recognized Eagle Scout Patrick Tucker for his contributions to improving the appearance at Caroline County Park.
- Appointed Kathy McVay from the Bowling Green District and Elsie Taylor from the Reedy Church District to the 2010 Census Committee.
- Reappointed John Goforth from the Bowling Green District and Carolyn Anderson from the Port Royal District to the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board.
- Approved the ranking of responses to request proposals for Real Property Reassessment, with Blue Ridge Appraisals, Inc. being the top ranked company.
- Adopted a resolution declaring October 4-10 Fire Prevention Week in Caroline County.
- Adopted a resolution celebrating the Historic Jericho School Dedication and Open House on Saturday, October 3.
- Approved $49,000 for a feasibility study for the Public School Division.
- Made permanent an emergency ordinance that extended the time period for the collection of water and sewer availability fees as a way to kick start construction in Caroline County.
- Approved the expenditure of $5,000 for a study to determine the condition of the foundation of the Cannery.
- Rejected by a 4-1 vote an ordinance amendment allowing the construction of Guest Quarters in an Industrial Zone District.
- Advanced to Public Hearing on October 13 an ordinance establishing the new duties, powers and responsibilities of the Fire-EMS Chief.
- Approved the Caroline County Building Official serving as the Property Maintenance Official for the Town of Port Royal.
- Bowling Green Supervisor Jeff Sili announced he is holding a community meeting on October 15 at the Sparta Volunteer Fire Department.