Free Lance-Star reporter Robyn Sidersky covers Caroline County government and schools. You can reach her at 540/374-5413 or email@example.com. You can follow coverage on Facebook or Twitter as well.
9/16/09 planning commission agenda
CAROLINE COUNTY PLANNING COMMISSION
Community Services Center – Auditorium
S E P T E M B E R 1 6, 2 0 0 9
- Call Regular Meeting to Order
- Approval of Minutes (July 27, 2009 and August 19, 2009)
- The 2030 Comprehensive Plan – The 2030 Comprehensive Plan contains ten chapters, which together with other documents, will guide growth and development in the County over the next twenty years. The plan encourages managed development that creates an attractive living environment for residents and a business friendly community, all while retaining the unique features of the County. In general, the plan evaluates the existing conditions and proposes actions to be taken over the next twenty years. Specific components of the plan include: Life in Caroline County; Planning History; Housing; Natural Resources; Cultural and Historic Resources; Economic Development; Community Facilities; Land Use; Transportation and implementation strategies. The major changes to the plan include, reformatting the plan for consistency, updating the background information used in support of the plan, adding two new chapters on housing and economic development, and updating the Land use chapter by adjusting the boundary of the Ladysmith Area east of Interstate 95 and north of Ladysmith Road to South River, and updating the transportation chapter to include cost estimates for planned road/transportation improvements.
- RZ-06-2009 – Brookwood, LLC, Owner/Applicant: Request a Rezoning from R-1, Residential (with a density of one to four dwelling units per acre) to B-1, Business (with no specified density) on tax map #56-A-145 and on a portion of tax map #56-A-140 consisting of 2.108 acres, more or less. This property is located on the west side of Route 301 (Richmond Turnpike.), and along the west side of Route 695 (Edwards Road). Mattaponi Voting District. Proposed Use: Business. The 2006 – 2026 Comprehensive Plan identifies this area as being located within the Bowling Green/Milford Community Plan designated as Planned Commercial and Planned Development.
Any & All Matters
- Schedule Worksession – October 5, 2009 – E.O.C. – Room 3
- Status Report on Rezoning and Special Exception Requests
Informational Purposes Only