Free Lance-Star reporter Robyn Sidersky covers Caroline County government and schools. You can reach her at 540/374-5413 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can follow coverage on Facebook or Twitter as well.
All-America City quilt coming to the county
Contact Information:George Wieber 804-633-4303
The Board of Supervisors of Caroline County is pleased to announce that the National Civic League quilt is schedule to arrive May 5, 2009.
This quilt which contains the Caroline County Seal has traveled all around this great land of ours, identifying Caroline County as a finalist in the All America City Campaign in 2008.
This honor is only granted to the finalists from last year and will only be in our possession one week. The quilt will be displayed at various locations around the county. The schedule below has been prepared in order that you may take advantage of this event.
Caroline County is proud to, again, be a finalist in 2009 and this year the students of Caroline High School are having a design competition for the county’s square on the 2009 quilt, which will tour America.
Quilt Display Schedule
In an attempt to insure that as many areas and citizens of Caroline County have the opportunity to view the 2008 All America City finalist quilt the AAC Planning Committee has set the following schedule:
- May 5th – Quilt may arrive this date
- May 6th – Dawn Library (all day)
- May 7th – Bowling Green Town Council Meeting 7:30 – 10:30 P.M., (Town Hall all day)
- May 8th – Dinner & Auction Library @ Bowling Green Library (all day)
- May 9th – Ladysmith Library (all day)
- May 11th – Visitors Center ( all day)
- May 12th – EOC Building (all day)
- May 12th – BOS meeting at 6:00 pm
- May 13th – Port Royal (all day)
- May 16th – AAC Booth at Ladysmith Day