Our 2014 Fredericksburg Business Insider sponsors
|Click here for information on sponsorships|
Lindley Estes is a business writer for The Free Lance-Star and Fredericksburg.com. This blog is on Fredericksburg-area business. Send an e-mail to Lindley Estes.
Business Notes, 1/30/14
Here is some news from Fredericksburg-area businesses over the past week:
- Rappahannock Electric Cooperative recently promoted Ricky Hairfield to director of operation and construction for its Bowling Green district.
- Kampgrounds of America recently named a KOA campground in Spotsylvania County as its “Kampground of the Year.” Susan and Ron Hart own the campground at 7400 Brookside Lane.
- Terry Lenny, most recently in management with Gander Mountain and Dick’s Sporting Goods, is now a licensed sales consultant with the local CarMax store.
- Dominion Virginia Power has donated $25,000 to Stafford County’s ongoing 350th-anniversary campaign. The donation is planned for the “Legacy Film,” which will capture Stafford’s central role in American history.
- Culpeper Regional Hospital has been awarded Healthgrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery for 2013-2014, and Healthgrades Joint Replacement Excellence Award for 2014.
- Wells Fargo & Co. has named Christian Aldridge assistant vice president and treasury management consultant for Western Virginia, including Fredericksburg.
- Menchie’s, a self-serve frozen-yogurt business that has a location in the Village at Spotsylvania Towne Centre, will give customers a free six-ounce cup of frozen yogurt Feb. 6 to recognize “National Frozen Yogurt Day.” Customers need to bring a coupon, which is available at Facebook.com/MyMenchies.
- Fredericksburg-based environmental consulting firm Marstel-Day LLC was recently featured in the Environmental Business Journal. Click here for the article.
- Fredericksburg Mayor and commercial Realtor Mary Katherine Greenlaw will be the featured speaker at a Feb. 10 event put on by the local chapter of the Women’s Council of Realtors. The event will start at noon at the Fredericksburg Area Association of Realtors’ office at 2050 Gordon W. Shelton Parkway in Fredericksburg. It’s open to Realtors and affiliates, but people should reserve a spot by calling 540/379-1949 or sending an email to email@example.com.
- Sprelly will be holding another pop-up tasting of its peanut-butter-and-jelly-focused sandwich creations from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at Salad Creations in Fredericksburg’s Eagle Village shopping center. Sprelly is working on opening an eatery in the area.