Our 2014 Fredericksburg Business Insider sponsors
|Click here for information on sponsorships|
Lindley Estes is a business writer for The Free Lance-Star and Fredericksburg.com. This blog is on Fredericksburg-area business. Send an e-mail to Lindley Estes.
Business Notes, 10/17/13
Here are some odds and ends from the world of Fredericksburg-area business over the past week:
- A 14,400-square-foot building for retail and office condos is proposed at the intersection of Garrisonville Road and Kingsland Drive in North Stafford. Kamel Tabbara of Kingsland Square LLC is the applicant.
- The Fredericksburg Main Street Initiative has started taking applications for its executive director job. Resumes can be submitted through Nov. 8 to email@example.com. Click here for a job description.
- The local Military Affairs Council is accepting nominations for its second-annual Military Friendly Business Award, which will be presented Nov. 25. Nominated businesses must be in the Fredericksburg region and have been in business for two or more years. Nominations can be submitted until Nov. 8 to Whitney@fredericksburgchamber.org.
- Nicholls Auction Marketing Group Inc. at 2:30 p.m. Oct. 25 will sell about 21 acres of industrially zoned land on Mallard Road near the planned Dominion Raceway in the Thornburg area. The auction will occur on-site.
- 25 30 Espresso at 400 Princess Anne St. in downtown Fredericksburg is now open Sundays, between 7:30 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- KOA Martial Arts and Fitness, which is at 50 Dunn Drive in North Stafford, is having a fitness competition Nov. 23 to raise money and food for the St. Francis Food Pantry in time for Thanksgiving.
- Two new hires were recently announced for the under-construction Hyatt Place hotel in Fredericksburg’s Eagle Village shopping center. Michelle Lee Hardy will be director of sales, and John M. Marion will be assistant general manager.
- A grand re-opening is planned at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday at the recently renovated Country Cookin restaurant in Eagle Village.
- The Fredericksburg Regional Alliance is having its annual meeting starting at 11:30 a.m. Nov. 12 at the Jepson Alumni Executive Center. Economist Christine Chmura will deliver the keynote address titled ”Positioning the Region to Succeed in a Competitive Environment.”
- Rainbow International, a residential and commercial restoration and cleaning services company, recently named local franchisee Aaron Fischer as its “Franchisee of the Year.”