Our 2014 Fredericksburg Business Insider sponsors
|Click here for information on sponsorships|
Bill Freehling is a business writer for The Free Lance-Star and Fredericksburg.com. This blog is on Fredericksburg-area business. Send an e-mail to Bill Freehling.
Kings Dominion announces new rides
The Planet Snoopy section of Kings Dominion will include eight new rides when the amusement park reopens this spring.
Construction is under way to double the size of Planet Snoopy to 14 acres with a total of 18 rides. The 10 existing rides are being re-themed.
The theme park, which is off Interstate 95 in Hanover County near the Caroline County line, wants to hire a child between the ages of 6 and 10 to report on the multi-million-dollar addition. The “KidCaster reporter” will visit the park once a month between January and April to report on the construction progress for Kings Dominion’s YouTube channel and Facebook and Twitter pages. People can apply at kingsdominion.com through Jan. 7.
Here are the new rides for 2013 with a description from Kings Dominion officials:
- Snoopy’s Rocket Express: An aerial monorail that gives families a view high above Planet Snoopy.
- Flying Ace Balloon Race: Hot air balloons that lift up 15 feet into the air, as you spin around. Each balloon represents a different country throughout the world.
- Linus Launcher: This ride will give families a sense as if they are flying around together in Planet Snoopy.
- Charlie Brown’s Wind Up: Families will hop in and swing around on this baseball-themed ride.
- Snoopy’s Junction: It’s all aboard a Snoopy-themed railway, with Woodstock leading the way.
- Lucy’s Tugboat: Come on board a rocking tugboat, as guests set sail with the entire family by their side.
- Snoopy’s Space Buggies: Defy gravity, as families hop into moon buggies that bounce up and down and rotate in a circle.
- Woodstock Whirlybirds: Spin around in the classic teacups, with a new Woodstock-themed twist.