Our 2014 Fredericksburg Business Insider sponsors
|Click here for information on sponsorships|
Lindley Estes is a business writer for The Free Lance-Star and Fredericksburg.com. This blog is on Fredericksburg-area business. Send an e-mail to Lindley Estes.
Where do Fredericksburg-area residents buy their liquor?
The Virginia Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control’s annual report, which was released a couple of weeks ago, shows where Fredericksburg-area residents bought their liquor in the 12 months ending June 30, 2011. The data seemingly would be valuable to businesses trying to decide where to lease space, and to the commercial real estate agents helping them make that decision, as it shows where customer traffic (at least for booze) is the heaviest. That’s rare data, since most private businesses aren’t going to release sales information by location. Here is how local (Fredericksburg and Caroline, King George, Spotsylvania and Stafford counties) ABC stores ranked in fiscal year 2011 by gross sales.
- 356 Garrisonville Road, Stafford, $3,443,585
- 1416 Carl D. Silver Parkway, Fredericksburg, $2,863,389
- 4189 Plank Road, Spotsylvania, $2,587,209
- 5055 Jefferson Davis Highway, Spotsylvania, $2,127,567
- 507 William St., Fredericksburg, $1,782,286
- 10025 Jefferson Davis Highway, Spotsylvania, $1,782,213
- 2757 Jefferson Davis Highway, Stafford, $1,707,733
- 560 Celebrate Virginia Parkway, Stafford, $1,616,254
- 43 Town & Country Drive, Stafford, $1,465,467
- 1271 Jefferson Davis Highway, Fredericksburg, $1,327,497
- 18035 Jefferson Davis Highway, Caroline, $968,091
- 6348 Jefferson Davis Highway, Spotsylvania, $938,852
- 10857 Tidewater Trail, Spotsylvania, $847,749
- 15423 Dahlgren Road, King George, $600,990
- 320 W. Broaddus Ave., Caroline, $407,547