Our 2014 Fredericksburg Business Insider sponsors
|Click here for information on sponsorships|
Lindley Estes is a business writer for The Free Lance-Star and Fredericksburg.com. This blog is on Fredericksburg-area business. Send an e-mail to Lindley Estes.
Local business leaders on lessons learned, 2012 outlook
Forty top Fredericksburg-area business professionals have weighed in with their thoughts on how the regional economy will fare in 2012, and what lessons they have learned during the economic downturn. I asked them to write essays on these topics, and they didn’t disappoint. The essays will run all next week in Fredericksburg Business Insider, a free e-newsletter that keeps people abreast of local, state and national business news affecting our region. The newsletter is delivered via email early each weekday morning. Click here to sign up.
Here is the list of participants, in alphabetical order. Eight essays will run each day this coming Monday through Friday. Don’t miss it!
- Gene Bailey, president of the Fredericksburg Regional Alliance
- Brian Baker, executive director for entrepreneurship and business development at the University of Mary Washington Center for Economic Development
- Tim Baroody, Stafford’s deputy county administrator and director of economic development
- Joe Bell, director of corporate communications for Spotsylvania Towne Centre developer Cafaro Co.
- Meta Braymer, vice president for economic development and regional engagement for the University of Mary Washington
- Nick Cadwallender, publisher of The Free Lance-Star Publishing Co.
- Robert Dodd Jr., president of DLR Contracting Inc.
- Claire Forcier-Rowe, managing broker of Coldwell Banker Elite
- Adam Fried, CEO of Atlantic Builders, Ltd.
- Lewis Graves, president of Coldwell Banker Carriage House Realty Inc.
- Joe Greene, president and CEO of Spotsylvania County-based Mid-Atlantic Foam
- Karen Hedelt, director of the Fredericksburg Department of Economic Development and Tourism
- Jud Honaker, president of commercial development for the Silver Cos.
- Rick Hurley, president of the University of Mary Washington
- John Izzo, regional vice president for GEICO
- Fitz Johnson, president of Johnson Realty Advisors
- James “Buddy” Kourouklis, president of the Fredericksburg-area market for StellarOne Bank
- Clark Leming, partner in Stafford County-based Leming and Healy, PC.
- Dermaine Lewis, Wells Fargo’s business banking manager for the Fredericksburg area
- Alex Long, real estate agent at Weichert Realtors in Fredericksburg
- Charles W. McDaniel, president and CEO of Stafford County-based Hilldrup Companies
- Rich McDaniel, real estate investor who runs the Fredericksburg office of CB Richard Ellis
- Don Newlin, managing director of Sterne Agee
- Charlie Payne, attorney and partner in the Hirschler Fleischer law firm
- Fred Rankin, president and CEO of Mary Washington Healthcare
- Jeff Rountree, CEO of the University of Mary Washington Foundation
- Tom Rumora, director of Spotsylvania County’s Department of Economic Development & Tourism
- David Sam, president of Germanna Community College
- Drew Shambarger, Fredericksburg-area executive for BB&T
- Susan Spears, president of the Fredericksburg Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Mark Steele, managing member of The Title Professionals LLC
- Rebecca Thomas, partner of kybecca wine bar & shop in downtown Fredericksburg
- Melanie Thompson, co-owner of Century 21 AdVenture
- Nicole Thompson, King George County’s economic development director
- Bill Vakos III, president of W.J. Vakos Companies
- Mike Vanderpool, president and senior attorney at the Vanderpool, Frostick & Nishanian law firm
- Larry Welford, president of Spotsylvania County-based Welford Engineering Associates
- Gary Wilson, Caroline County’s economic development director
- Joe Wilson, CEO of PermaTreat Pest and Termite Control
- Bill Young, CEO of Virginia Partners Bank