Virginia is booming with craft beer activity and this is the blog that will keep you updated on local beer news. Look for behind-the-scenes peeks, news, recipes, interviews and local happenings. The blog is run by Free Lance-Star reporter Robyn Sidersky. If you have suggestions for stories, or would like to contribute, drop us an email. You her at email@example.com.
Beer notes 4/18
- Rusty Beaver Brewery is starting to hang the twine at Country Road Hops Farm, in Spotsylvania, where they grow hops to use in their beers. Owner Rick Ivey said they are expecting about triple the amount of hops they got last year. Check out photos on the brewery’s Facebook page.
- Saturday is Brewfest at the Fredericksburg Fairgrounds. Tickets are $30 in advance and $35 at the gate and include beer samples.
- Adventure Brewing, in Stafford, is getting ready for a May opening. You’ll read more about that in Sunday’s business section. The owners are asking for help getting the site ready for opening. Here’s what they posted on Facebook: Looking for volunteers to help us do drywall finishing this weekend. It’s dirty work but we will be right there with ya! Many hands make light work and the sooner we finish our renovations the sooner we can get to brewing more great beer for everyone. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
- Spencer Devon Brewing, which plans to open in downtown Fredericksburg in October, is a finalist in a small business contest. Owner Shawn Phillips has been nominated for the Rule Breaker Awards — which honor business owners who “forge their own path.”
- Sedona Taphouse may come to downtown Fredericksburg, in Amelia Square. Bill Freehling has a story with more details. The restaurant, which features a variety of craft beers, has locations in Midlothian and Charlottesville.
- We’re giving away a $50 gift card to Blue & Gray Brewing Co. All you have to do to enter is like our Facebook page.
1. Be respectful. No personal attacks.
2. Please avoid offensive, vulgar, abusive, hateful or defamatory language.
3. Read and follow THE RULES.
4. Please notify us by flagging posts that are inappropriate.
Posts that include links, and posts from users with unverified e-mail addresses may take longer to appear.