About this blog:Discussing religion, spirituality and values. Amy Umble is the religion reporter for The Free Lance-Star. You can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Three Kings’ Cake
The Epiphany is coming up January 6. Many celebrate with Kings’ Cake, which includes a bean baked inside to represent the baby Jesus. Here’s a recipe:
Galette des Rois
1. Divide the puff pastry in half.
2. Roll out to form two discs.
3. Place the first disc on a baking sheet.
4. Spread a layer of almond paste on top.
5. Place the bean inside.
6. Cover with the second circle of pastry.
7. Using a knife, create a decorative pattern on the top of the pastry.
8. Brush with the beaten egg yolk.
9. Bake at 350° F for 20-25 minutes, until the top is nicely browned.